This two-day interactive facilitator training programme covers both theoretical knowledge and practical skills and equips participants with:
- an understanding of mental health literacy and how to build it through the GoodYarn workshops
- the resources and skills to deliver a 2.5 hour GoodYarn workshop (rural and/or workplace version)
- the ability to use a variety of adult learning techniques to communicate mental health concepts
- an understanding of the individual, societal and environmental determinants of mental health
- knowledge about common mental health problems and how to talk about them
- an understanding of the mental health system and resources available
Given the current uncertainties as to how Covid-19 is going to play out across our workplaces and communities, we have decided to cancel all open facilitator training sessions through until the end of May. We’ll review things early in May to see whether it’s feasible to resume our training programmes in the second half of the year.
In the meantime, if there is demand, and where local situations allow, we will consider in-house workplace training on a case by case basis. We would need a minimum of 6 people and a maximum of 12 people to make this work. If you could be interested in this option over the next few months please contact Michelle: firstname.lastname@example.org 021 234 7413.